The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living | The Bigger Picture
The Bigger Picture: The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living
Share

Widgets

The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living



The Dalai Lama:
“We each have a physical structure, a mind, emotions. We are all born
in the same way, and we all die. All of us want happiness and do not
want to suffer.”
“I believe that the proper utilization of time is this: if you can, serve
other people, other sentient beings. If not, at least refrain from harming
them. I think that is the whole basis of my philosophy.”
Howard Cutler:
“Over time I became convinced that the Dalai Lama had learned how
to live with a sense of fulfillment and a degree of serenity that I had
never seen in other people … Although he is a Buddhist monk … I
began to wonder if one could identify a set of his beliefs or practices
that could be utilized by non-Buddhists as well—practices that could
be directly applied to our lives to simply help us become happier,
stronger, perhaps less afraid.”

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP